iPhone User Statistics

Quite often I get questions relating to the average iPhone user, such as “What’s the average age of an iPhone user”, “What’s the download ratio between paid and free apps”, and “How many applications does a user download by average per month?”

Admob’s recent Mobile Metrics Report answers these questions and much more. Below I have pasted in the five graphs I found the most interesting. In summary:

• Android is mostly used by men aged around 30 years. 80% of all Android users do not buy applications on a regular basis.
  • iPhones are used equally by men and women in all ages. 50% of all iPhone users buy one or more applications each month.
  • iPhone users are very happy with their devices. 91% of all iPhone users would recommend it to others.
iPhone User Statistics

19 Responses

1. Hi Johan,

Is there any stats on the number of iPhone users accessing websites regularly. Also if possible what percentage of these websites are WAP sites(for mobile) and regular websites?

Thanks

Warning: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Unknown modifier '/' in /storage/content/91/106191/sanneblad.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/theonepager/includes/theme-comments.php on line 64
    2010/06/16 at 22:37 #
  2. Hey Johan,

Great information. I was curious if there is anything about the growth of the smart phones on the under 30 demographic, more specifically the 16-24 year old male demographic? I am writing a paper about the movement to future technology. If there is any report that you can point me in the right direction with that would be great. Thanks for your time.

2010/08/25 at 23:32 #
  3. Darshan: With the Android operating system growing from less than 2% to nearly 20% global smartphone market share in one year I expect the above figures to be completely different today than they were when they were published earlier this year. I’ll post an update as soon as I find a decent one.

Mark: Unfortunately I don’t have that information, but if I find it I’ll make sure to post here!

johan 2010/08/27 at 12:44 #
  4. are there any stats on ratios or iphone users to android? like however many users out of 10?

2010/09/18 at 01:30 #
  5. Are there any stats on the number of iPhone purchase or users in Indonesia and the Philippines?

Thanks

2010/11/08 at 05:19 #
  6. Mark: Not that I know of unfortunately…

johan 2010/11/12 at 09:47 #
  7. Erin: Google has as far as I know not disclosed the total number of Android activations. Apple is very open with their installed iOS user base of 120 million users, but I haven’t seen anything similar for Android.

johan 2010/11/12 at 10:06 #
  8. Hello Jonah. My name’s Arianna. I am a 23 year old entrepreneur and am in the process of inventing a iphone case. I have searched and read how many total iphones there have been sold so far. I was hoping to get some thoughts and advice on how to find the closest exact number. I am curious to the 3G3GS and 4G. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you :)

Arianna

2010/11/12 at 21:21 #
  9. Hi Jonah: As far as I know Apple has not published individual iPhone numbers. What they did publish recently was 120 million iOS devices sold, and 230.000 iOS activations per day. At the current rate we should have over 200 million iOS devices by summer 2011.

johan 2010/11/21 at 15:34 #
  10. Hi Johan, i am doing an assignment of selling iphone casing. So i would like to know if there is an opportunity in the U.S. The lecturer would like us to make sure if American would prefer to buy a phone casing?

2011/02/20 at 02:19 #
  11. Thank you for the iPhone statistics was helpful for our new medical iPhone application.

Dr. IVF 2011/05/17 at 18:22 #
  12. thank you very much for your statistic!!

2011/11/03 at 18:34 #
  13. Hello, Johan
    I just want to ask whether the statistics here are worldwide or for a particular country? I desperately need some statistics about Apple consumers in the UK :(

2012/01/24 at 23:57 #
  14. Hello Guys,

Need some information, hope you got it: I need to know some statistics of the penetration and growth of Iphone sellings on Chile. Couldnt found any statistis over the web, neither on Apple websites.

Hope you can help me,

Thanks and looking forwards for some replies.

2012/03/15 at 16:53 #
  15. Unfortunately this is something I don’t have access to.

johan 2012/03/16 at 21:52 #
  16. hi do you have a stat on how may iphones were sold vs blackbarry orandroid in 2011 … need it for school paper, thanks

2012/04/02 at 06:47 #
  17. Subject: Permission to use graphs

Hello,
    I’m a student doing an on-line high school class on Calculus in The Virtual High School ( http://www.goVHS.org). I would like to use a graph on your site for a class assignment. My teacher is a stickler about copyrights and wants me to obtain permission before I use the graphic. I think that following the law is a good idea so would like your permission to use a graphic from your web site. The image is the Gender by Platform graph. I will cite where the image is from. Where can I ask for permission to use this image?

Linda Youkhanna
    Granada Hills Charter High School

2012/09/20 at 01:49 #
  18. Linda: These figures are almost 3 years old, and I am certain that they are not representative for Android / iOS users today. I would recommend not using these graphs.

Johan Sanneblad 2012/09/24 at 13:54 #
Trackbacks/Pingbacks
  1. Literature Review « Teo Jing Yuan - 2010/11/12

[...] Statistics from: http://www.sanneblad.com/2010/02/27/iphone-user-statistics/ [...]